Sunday, November 16, 2008

Goldfish Don't Jump.


My so-called best friend decided to go back in time and rewrite my whole family history yesterday. Pissed me the fuck off. How the fuck was I supposed to know that goldfish don't jump? I mean, I should have known, but damn, I was young and juvenile when my goldfish died. I accepted any excuse my Grannee gave me.

During my childhood I owned countless goldfish from different periods in my life; fairs, gifts, and pet stores alike. Each of them mysteriously died. The excuse given to me each and every time was that the goldfish got a little bold while my Grannee cleaned their fish tanks. She would put them in a large plastic cup of water while she prepared the treatment. Once finished with the process, she would put the fish back into the tank and go on about her business. However, with each and every fish, at some point and time, an accident occured. While in the large cup, the goldfish would proceed to jump out. My Grannee wouldn't notice until it was to late. When I'd get home, I'd have to have a funeral, and flush them in the large white toilet affectionately known as fishy heaven.

I was fine with this excuse given to me. I never questioned it. Never. Until, Josephine decides she wants to kill my little fairytale. Why did she have to mention that goldfish don't jump? I mean, really? Couldn't I have died believing that the same event happened in the same way, over and over again? I was fine with that. Now I'm questioning what else in my childhood didn't happen. Fuck. THANK fucking-YOU!


Lol. I just had to get that out.

No comments: