So, I'm at work the other day, and a male "friend" (?) of mine and I were having a conversation about relationships. I admitted to not being in one, and that I didn't believe that I've ever been in a true relationship. My statement was followed by this:
"Jervishia, you're the kinda girl I'd cheat on."
What the hell?
"Being with you, I'd always be unsure of whether or not you had someone else. So in order to keep from being cheated on, I'd cheat on you first."
Did he really just say that? What the fuck, right? At first, I didn't know what to say. But I answered with the following statement:
"Well.. when I'm with someone, I'm all about them. Other guys, whether or not they are more attractive, don't appeal to me in any way. All I see is my partner."
"It doesn't matter. I'd always wonder if you were cheating...", he says.
Am I really that girl? Is this the reason why I have never been in "real" relationship? Each time I find myself in what I would consider a realtionship on my behalf, I find that my partner never puts in 100%. I am always holding the relationship together for the both of us.
I talked to another guy friend of mine, and he made a similar remark.
"You're the kinda girl a guy is scared to approach. We can tell you have your shit together. So we feel like in order to be with you, much less approach you, we have to have it all.. the full package."
Is there something I'm just not getting here? Am I really destined to be in half-commited realtionship, or suffer none at all? Hear me out, I'm not whining by a long shot. I am not one of those girls that NEEDS someone in her life. I just want to know if I should just give up now on love. I'm cool with the idea of never finding my one true soulmate. I mean, this world is massive. How the hell would little ol' Jervishia just happen to stumble upon her one true love. Yea, right. I guess that makes me a realist, huh? I simple want to know if I should stop wasting my time on even trying to commit, and just live life on a whim...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment