Monday, December 29, 2008

I looked up in the sky and realized that the day had just ended.
Would it be my last?
Had I lived it out to the fullest?
Created my legacy?
When it came time to write my obitury,
Would the first line be
That my name woul live on in history books to come?

I had not done everything that I dreamed.
I had not told that special one my affections.
I had not found happiness.
I, most importantly, had not taken life seriously.

You only have one life to live.
What's the point of being,
if you have no idea what your purpose is?
With my head pointed to the sky,
I vow that if I am blessed to live another day,
No longer will I take it for granted.
Step by step I will build my name into what its meant to be.

I will find my happiness.
And enjoy the rough moments living up to it.
My life...
Will be worth something.

-Jervishia

No comments: